By Ayobami Agboola
True to pre-inauguration speculations, Hon Timothy Owoeye, the lawmaker representing Ilesa East Constituency, was on Thursday elected Speaker of 7th Osun State House of Assembly.
Owoeye , believed to have enjoyed the backing of the immediate past Governor of the state, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, was elected unopposed.
The APC has majority members in the new assembly constituted by Governor Isiaka Adegboyega Oyetola with 23 members as against 3 for Peoples Democratic Party.
The contest for who heads the Assembly was subject of intense horse trading within the APC as various interest blocks pushed for their candidates to emerge speaker.
CityMirrorNews reliably gathered that cries and hues on who to become the speaker became the issue of the past yesterday, as the political gladiators within the party stormed Chief Bisi Akande’s house where it was amicably settled.
On the floor of the Assembly today, Hon Owoeye, forth term legislator, was nominated by Hon Tunde Olatunji of Ife North Constituency, who was named as one of the front runners for the position and Hon Elizabeth Abioye of Ifedayo Constituency seconded the motion.
Full lists of the assembly leaders:
1) Rt. Hon. Timothy Owoeye (Ilesa East State Constituency) as Speaker
2) Hon. Femi Popoola (Boripe State Constituency) as Deputy Speaker
3) Hon. Babatunde Olatunji (Ife-North State Constituency) as Chief Whip
4) Hon. Morufu Olarewaju (Irewole State Constituency) as Majority Leader
5) Hon. Moshood Kunle Akande (Olorunda State Constituency) emerged the Deputy Majority Leader
6) Hon. Gbenga Ogunkanmi (Ayedire State Constituency) as Deputy Chief Whip
7) Minority Leader from PDP goes to Hon. Babajide Kofoworola (Ede State Constituency)
8) Hon Nasiru Olateju (Irepodun State Constituency) as Central Senatorial Whip
9) Hon. Babatunde Komolafe emerged East Senatorial Whip
10) Hon Babatunde Ibirogba as West Senatorial Whip
The inauguration witnessed dignitaries within Osun State, Governor Gboyega Oyetola and his wife, the Deputy Governor, Gboyega Alabi, Former Deputy Governor Otunba Titilaoye Tomori, former Speakers of the state house, Osun APC Chairman, Prince Gboyega Famodun, former and new Senators in the State, political groups among others
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Aremo Greets Oriade South LCDA Secretary, Tijani On His Birthday
- Nigerian Government’s Refusal To Appear In Court For Nnamdi Kanu’s Case Proves His Innocence — Lawyer
- [Photos] Foreign Tourists,Traditionalists, Others Storm Ile-Ife For 2021 Olojo Festival
- Man Ties Debtor To Stake In Lagos – Police
- Osun: Rep Taiwo Oluga To Interface With Online Journalists Monday
News5 days ago
Heavy Security In Abia As Court Hears Nnamdi Kanu’s Suit Against FG Today
News5 days ago
Again, Court Adjourns Bail Of Masquerade Custodian, Esuleke, Son, Others In Osun
News5 days ago
Villagers Beat Suspected IPOB Supporter To Death For Enforcing Sit-at-Home In Imo
Politics4 days ago
You’re A Political Liability, Social Media Politician, PDP Blasts FFK