By Jide Afolabi
The government of the State of Osun has said that the stool of Alara of Ara in Egbedore Local Government Area is still vacant and that anyone claiming the stool is an impostor and would be apprehended.
The government stated this in a press release issued by Barrister Adebisi Adejare, Supervisor, Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, signed by the Information Officer in the Ministry, Mr Lawal Ademola.
The statement said that “The Government of the state of Osun has received with surprise that certain persons in Ara, Egbedore Local Government had installed someone as Alara of Ara, in flagrant disregard of Section 21 of the Chiefs Law, Cap 25, laws of the state of Osun, 2002.”
He said that government has not appointed nor approved any person to occupy the stool noting that, “it is only the state government that can approve the appointment of the occupant of the stool adding that, up to this moment, no such approval had been made.”
According to him, “the stool of Alara of Ara is a part I (recognised) and is still vacant, anyone parading himself as an Alara is an impostor and the action is in flagrant disregard of the law.”
The Supervisor stressed that both the persons that purportedly installed someone and the person who permitted himself to be installed have acted against the law and the security agents have been requested to enforce the extant laws.
- PS SUBEB, Kolawole Pays Courtesy Visist To Oranmiyan House, Says His Politics Is Simply Aregbesola
- Breaking: PDP Suspends Chairman on Allegation of Misappropriation of Funds
- Imbibe Reading Culture In Children–Osun First Lady Tells Parents
- National Theatre DG, Stella Oyedepo, Dies In Car Crash
- PDP Kicks Against Inclusion Of Justice Oyewole In Osun Appeal Panel