By Jide Afolabi, Jos
Kaduna State High Court has granted the leader of the proscribed Islamic Movement in Nigeria, IMN, Sheik Ibrahim El-Zakzaky and his wife bail to seek medical treatment abroad.
The Court held that the IMN leader and his wife would be accompanied for the treatment by the officials of the Kaduna state government.
A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja had last week proscribed the movement tagging it a “terrorist organisation”.
The leader of the group and his wife had been in detention for about four yeas despite an order of the Court to release him on bail.
It is not clear whether the government would honour this new leave of the Court.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Anti-open Grazing Law Not To Witch-hunt Fulani Herdsmen-Osun Govt
- Police Parade Suspected Killers Of Modakeke Indigenes, Other suspects in Osun
- Fayemi, Akeredolu, Daniel, Obi Of Onitsha, Other Dignitaries To Attend Osun @ 30 Banquet, Awards Tomorrow
- World Tourism Day: Osun Govt Says State Culturally Blessed With Tourist Attractions
- I Will Report You To IGP, Delta Court Threatens Witness In Murder Case
News4 days ago
Angry Residents Attack Police Station In Sokoto, Kill 13 Detained Suspected Bandits
News3 days ago
Borrowing To Accumulate Debt For Next Generations Is Criminal – Obasanjo Tells Buhari Govt
News4 days ago
Obadiah Mailafia, Former CBN Deputy Gov Is Dead
News2 days ago
Heavy Security In Abia As Court Hears Nnamdi Kanu’s Suit Against FG Today