By Abiodun Ogunrinde, Ibadan
Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has disclosed that Oyo State workers have gotten May salary so they could prepare for the coming sallah celebration.
The governor who stated this in a statement signed by his Chief of Staff, Chief Bisi Ilaka on Friday, maintained that the action was in consonance with his promise to make life better for the entire workers in the State’s service.
“Oyo workers have started getting their banks’ alerts so they can prepare for the forthcoming sallah festival. This is in consonance with our campaign promise that we shall do everything at every turn to make workers smile.
“Our administration has come to give relief to the entire workers of the State and apart from prompt payment of salaries, this administration will see to the provision of other incentives and workplace requirements to promote efficiency and drive personal and public growth.
“Again we reiterate our commitment to a greater Oyo State and it can only be achieved through an efficient and productive workforce. So we call on labour to reciprocate with the same gesture by giving unalloyed loyalty and dedication to the service of the State,” he charged.
The federal government has declared Tuesday 4th of June and Wednesday 5th of June as a public holiday for workers in the country to celebrate the end of the holy month of Ramadan.
- Pump Price Increase is a Display of APC Govt Insensitivity – NNPP
- ‘I’ll Name My Prince Adesoji Aderemi”, Ooni Ogunwusi Vows As Family Celebrates 49th Ooni
- How I Lure And Kill Victims In My Compound – Nigerian Serial Killer, Ndubuisi Makes Shocking Confession
- Ondo 2020: NRM Aspirant, Ataunoko Picks Governorship Nomination Form
- Just In: Kwara Gov Announces Minor Cabinet Reshuffle