The FCT Police Command has detained Senator Elisha Abbo for allegedly assaulting a nursing mother at an adult toy shop in Abuja.
In a telephone interview, the FCT Police Commissioner, Mr Bala Ciroma, confirmed to Channels Television that the Senator is being detained to enable detectives complete investigation on the alleged assault.
Abbo who represents Adamawa North Senatorial District was spotted in an adult toy shop in a video exclusively released by Premium Times on Monday.
He was seen hitting a woman after she pleaded with him not to physically assault the shop owner whom he accused of insulting him.
The viral video immediately sparked outrage with many Nigerians calling for his prosecution and urging the Senate to also discipline him.
- Ministerial Inauguration: Oranmiyan Congratulates Aregbesola, Assures Nigerians Of Competence, Service Delivery
- Ooni Promises To Consolidate Relationship With Canada
- Oyo to Educate over 170,000 Almajiris, Hawkers in 23 LGAs
- Presidential Election: Supreme Court Rejects Atiku, PDP’s Request To Access ‘INEC Server’
- Tai Solarin University Of Education Final Year Student Kills Himself Over Carry-overs
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News5 days ago
I will End Insecurity, Kidnapping In Yorubaland In 4 Months-Aare Ona Kakanfo
News5 days ago
Adelani Baderinwa Emerges Commissioner Nominee From Ifelodun LG
News4 days ago
Threat Of Insecurity Forced Yoruba People To Recognise OPC-Aare Gani Adams
Sports5 days ago
Samson Siasia Reacts As FIFA Bans Him For Life