By Ayobami Agboola, Osogbo
A sociopolitical group, Asiwaju Grassroot Foundation, AGF, Osun state chapter has congratulated Muslim faithful across the state on the successful completion of the 30 days Ramadan fasting.
AGF in a statement signed by its State Coordinator, Comrade Tijani Sikiru and Secretary, Yahaya Adeniji, and made available to newsmen in Osogbo, the state capital on Tuesday, charged Muslim to emulate Prophet Muhammad.
Calling for spiritual rebirth among Islamic faithful, AGF also enjoined Muslims not to deviate from the teachings of the Holy Prophet Muhammed on the essence of Ramadan, even after the sallah celebrations.
The group said, “Since Ramadan fasting symbolizes the period of spiritual rejuvenation, we urge our Muslim brothers and sisters to continue to put into practice the teachings of Prophet Muhammed.
“Part of such teachings is to be our brother’s keepers and ensure service to humanity. May our prayers during the holy month be answered and may our good deeds be rewarded by Allah.
“It is also important for us to move closer to Allah, even after the Eid-el-Fitri celebrations and eschew actions and deeds that are against His will and commandment. We wish everyone joyous and accident-free celebrations.
“Don’t let us forget to continue to assist our leaders in all the tiers of government with prayers, so that they can lead us aright and move the country forward in all ramifications.’’
They commended the spirit of oneness and peaceful co-existence among all religious adherents in the state, urging them to sustain the tempo so that the government of the day would have ample time to concentrate on its efforts at repositioning the state.
- Former Ondo Works Commissioner, Commiserates With Gov. Akeredolu Over Health Commissioner’s Death
- Pump Price Increase is a Display of APC Govt Insensitivity – NNPP
- ‘I’ll Name My Prince Adesoji Aderemi”, Ooni Ogunwusi Vows As Family Celebrates 49th Ooni
- How I Lure And Kill Victims In My Compound – Nigerian Serial Killer, Ndubuisi Makes Shocking Confession
- Ondo 2020: NRM Aspirant, Ataunoko Picks Governorship Nomination Form