By Ayobami Agboola, Osogbo
A sociocultural group in Nigeria, Oranmiyan worldwide, has joined other well-wishers to congratulate Muslim faithful across the country on the successful completion of the month-long Ramadan fast and called for sustained prayers for peace in the country.
The group in a statement signed by its Director General, Hon Olajide Sadiq, to commemorate the Eid-el-Fitri celebrations, Oranmiyan said in spite of Federal Government’s appreciable efforts in combating the challenge of insecurity, it is imperative for Muslim faithful to utilise this period to pray fervently for peace and unity in the country.
He said, “we have just ended a month-long fast thus paving way for the Eid-el-fitr celebrations. These two periods are such times that the Almighty Allah enjoined us to ask for his blessings.
We should therefore seize the opportunity to pray for the country and its leaders”.
Sadiq called on Nigerians to use the season to promote national integration, saying “Eid-el-fitr is a time of love and goodwill. It gives us a message to love all and hate none.”
While calling for spiritual rebirth among the Islamic faithful, he enjoined them to imbibe the teachings of the Holy Prophet Muhammad on the essence of Ramadan.
- Pump Price Increase is a Display of APC Govt Insensitivity – NNPP
- ‘I’ll Name My Prince Adesoji Aderemi”, Ooni Ogunwusi Vows As Family Celebrates 49th Ooni
- How I Lure And Kill Victims In My Compound – Nigerian Serial Killer, Ndubuisi Makes Shocking Confession
- Ondo 2020: NRM Aspirant, Ataunoko Picks Governorship Nomination Form
- Just In: Kwara Gov Announces Minor Cabinet Reshuffle