By Ayobami Agboola, Osogbo
A sociocultural group in Nigeria, Oranmiyan worldwide, has joined other well-wishers to congratulate Muslim faithful across the country on the successful completion of the month-long Ramadan fast and called for sustained prayers for peace in the country.
The group in a statement signed by its Director General, Hon Olajide Sadiq, to commemorate the Eid-el-Fitri celebrations, Oranmiyan said in spite of Federal Government’s appreciable efforts in combating the challenge of insecurity, it is imperative for Muslim faithful to utilise this period to pray fervently for peace and unity in the country.
He said, “we have just ended a month-long fast thus paving way for the Eid-el-fitr celebrations. These two periods are such times that the Almighty Allah enjoined us to ask for his blessings.
We should therefore seize the opportunity to pray for the country and its leaders”.
Sadiq called on Nigerians to use the season to promote national integration, saying “Eid-el-fitr is a time of love and goodwill. It gives us a message to love all and hate none.”
While calling for spiritual rebirth among the Islamic faithful, he enjoined them to imbibe the teachings of the Holy Prophet Muhammad on the essence of Ramadan.
- Two Die In Ghastly Motor Accident In Osogbo
- How Reinhard Bonnke Affected My Life With His Radical Passion For Evangelism -Evangelist Taiwo Adeniyi
- Breaking: Renowned Preacher, Reinhard Bonnke Dies At 79
- Sowore: NHRC Calls For The Arrest, Prosecution Of Security Officials Involved In Court Invasion
- Confusion As OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office