The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Wednesday declared Nyesom Ezenwo Wike as the winner of the Rivers Governorship Election.
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike playing with a toddler in Port Harcourt during his inspection of the ongoing construction of the Mile One Market.
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governor polled 886,264 votes to win the March 9 Governorship/State House of Assembly election in Rivers.
Wike took an early lead on Tuesday as result collation resumed in Port Harcourt.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) suspended the collation of the results of the election in the state on March 10, citing electoral violence.
The electoral umpire also announced a schedule of activities for the resumption of the exercise, stating that collation and announcement of results would hold between April 2 and 5.
- Osun collaborates With TAMPAN To End Immorality In Nigeria
- Who Are The Enemies Of The Open Society? By Adewale Olayemi
- Two UNIOSUN Students Docked For Alleged Assault, Unlawful Society
- Buhari Has Disobeyed More Court Orders Than Abacha And IBB – Falana
- Why Foreign Students, Lecturers Shun Nigerian Varsities —Jega