The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Wednesday declared Nyesom Ezenwo Wike as the winner of the Rivers Governorship Election.
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike playing with a toddler in Port Harcourt during his inspection of the ongoing construction of the Mile One Market.
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governor polled 886,264 votes to win the March 9 Governorship/State House of Assembly election in Rivers.
Wike took an early lead on Tuesday as result collation resumed in Port Harcourt.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) suspended the collation of the results of the election in the state on March 10, citing electoral violence.
The electoral umpire also announced a schedule of activities for the resumption of the exercise, stating that collation and announcement of results would hold between April 2 and 5.
- Threat Of Insecurity Forced Yoruba People To Recognise OPC-Aare Gani Adams
- Ondo 2020: Group Urges APC Leaders To Ignore Abuja Political Lobbyists
- Ibadan Cleric Steals Phones, Says its Devil’s Work
- Breaking: Police Arrest Suspected Killers Of Enugu Catholic Priest, Fr. Paul Offu
- Samson Siasia Reacts As FIFA Bans Him For Life
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News2 days ago
I will End Insecurity, Kidnapping In Yorubaland In 4 Months-Aare Ona Kakanfo
News2 days ago
Adelani Baderinwa Emerges Commissioner Nominee From Ifelodun LG
News4 days ago
Aare Gani Adams To Preside Over OPC Leadership Retreat In Osogbo Tomorrow
News5 days ago
Biyi Odunlade Congratulates Omoworare on his Appointment by President Buhari