The Inspector General of Police (IGP), Mohammed Adamu, on Wednesday ordered the arrest of the senator who assaulted a woman in a sex-toy shop in Abuja.
A video obtained by an online medium of a Nigerian senator repeatedly beating a lady in a sex-toys shop in Abuja.
Reacting to this, Senator Elisha Abbo claimed the video was distorted, saying that the incident happened on May 11, 2019, nearly three months after he became Senator-elect.
But PM news is reporting that IG Adamu gave the order due to the outrage generated from the viral video which showed how Elisha Abbo repeatedly assaulted the lady.
The report says that an investigative team has been set up by the Police Force to investigate the senator and his orderly in the force headquaters in Abuja.
The news of the attack went viral after a video recorded by the Close Circuit Television (CCTV), installed in the shop was shared on the social media, an act which is said to have embarrassed the police authorities.
- Osun collaborates With TAMPAN To End Immorality In Nigeria
- Who Are The Enemies Of The Open Society? By Adewale Olayemi
- Two UNIOSUN Students Docked For Alleged Assault, Unlawful Society
- Buhari Has Disobeyed More Court Orders Than Abacha And IBB – Falana
- Why Foreign Students, Lecturers Shun Nigerian Varsities —Jega