The Inspector General of Police (IGP), Mohammed Adamu, on Wednesday ordered the arrest of the senator who assaulted a woman in a sex-toy shop in Abuja.
A video obtained by an online medium of a Nigerian senator repeatedly beating a lady in a sex-toys shop in Abuja.
Reacting to this, Senator Elisha Abbo claimed the video was distorted, saying that the incident happened on May 11, 2019, nearly three months after he became Senator-elect.
But PM news is reporting that IG Adamu gave the order due to the outrage generated from the viral video which showed how Elisha Abbo repeatedly assaulted the lady.
The report says that an investigative team has been set up by the Police Force to investigate the senator and his orderly in the force headquaters in Abuja.
The news of the attack went viral after a video recorded by the Close Circuit Television (CCTV), installed in the shop was shared on the social media, an act which is said to have embarrassed the police authorities.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Anti-open Grazing Law Not To Witch-hunt Fulani Herdsmen-Osun Govt
- Police Parade Suspected Killers Of Modakeke Indigenes, Other suspects in Osun
- Fayemi, Akeredolu, Daniel, Obi Of Onitsha, Other Dignitaries To Attend Osun @ 30 Banquet, Awards Tomorrow
- World Tourism Day: Osun Govt Says State Culturally Blessed With Tourist Attractions
- I Will Report You To IGP, Delta Court Threatens Witness In Murder Case
News4 days ago
Angry Residents Attack Police Station In Sokoto, Kill 13 Detained Suspected Bandits
News3 days ago
Borrowing To Accumulate Debt For Next Generations Is Criminal – Obasanjo Tells Buhari Govt
News4 days ago
Obadiah Mailafia, Former CBN Deputy Gov Is Dead
News2 days ago
Heavy Security In Abia As Court Hears Nnamdi Kanu’s Suit Against FG Today