The Presidency has denied that President Muhammadu Buhari approved the establishment of State, Local Government Police.
The Presidency said that President Buhari had requested that the report would be studied and white paper produced within three months.
A statement by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu said, “President Muhammadu Buhari Monday received a report on the reform of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).
” The President requested that the report be studied and a white paper produced within three months.
“President Buhari’s specific directive is that a three-man panel be set up to produce the white paper.
” The report of the white paper committee will form the basis of the decisions of the government on the many recommendations, including the setting up of state and local government police made by the Ojukwu panel.
“Until a white paper is produced, it will be premature and pre-emptive to suggest that the recommendations contained in the report have been approved by the President in part or whole.”
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Osun APC Guber Primary: Federal High Court Judgment Dead On Arrival- Legal Counsel
- Kaduna: NDLEA Wages War Against Drug Traffickers, 121 Arrested, 13 Joints Sealed
- PDP Drags APC, INEC, Omo-Agege, Others To Court
- Tragedy As Hunter’s Son Shoots Brother Dead While Testing Bulletproof Charm Acquired by Their Father
- What God Told Me About 2023 General Election – Fr. Mbake Reveals Vision
News5 days ago
Osun LG Election: Otan-Ile APC Members Protest Imposition Of Chairmanship Candidate By Party Leadership
News5 days ago
Breaking: Supreme Court Affirms Osun Gov-elect, Adeleke As PDP Candidate
News3 days ago
S’Court Ruling: Osun PDP Rejects Babayemi’s Congratulatory Message
News4 days ago
I Wish You Best In Your Adminstration, Babayemi Congratulates Adeleke