The Presidency has denied that President Muhammadu Buhari approved the establishment of State, Local Government Police.
The Presidency said that President Buhari had requested that the report would be studied and white paper produced within three months.
A statement by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu said, “President Muhammadu Buhari Monday received a report on the reform of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).
” The President requested that the report be studied and a white paper produced within three months.
“President Buhari’s specific directive is that a three-man panel be set up to produce the white paper.
” The report of the white paper committee will form the basis of the decisions of the government on the many recommendations, including the setting up of state and local government police made by the Ojukwu panel.
“Until a white paper is produced, it will be premature and pre-emptive to suggest that the recommendations contained in the report have been approved by the President in part or whole.”
- Two Die In Ghastly Motor Accident In Osogbo
- How Reinhard Bonnke Affected My Life With His Radical Passion For Evangelism -Evangelist Taiwo Adeniyi
- Breaking: Renowned Preacher, Reinhard Bonnke Dies At 79
- Sowore: NHRC Calls For The Arrest, Prosecution Of Security Officials Involved In Court Invasion
- Confusion As OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office