By Jide Afolabi, Jos
Honourable Yakubu Jackson Sanda of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, has been declared winner of the just concluded Pengana Contituency Bye-election held today, Saturday.
According to the Returning Officer, Professor Noel Wanang of the University of Jos who announced the result said that Yakubu Yackson Sanda polled 9222 to beat his closest rival and the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, candidate, Yakubu Busa Buji who scored 7083.
The poll witnessed voters low turnout with heavy security presence even at the Government College Jengre Collation Centre in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau state, our state correspondent reports.
The Independent National Electoral Commission conducted the bye-election in 127 Polling Units across 7 wards with over sixty thousand registered voters with four candidates participating in the election.
Total votes cast were 16523 with 187 rejected votes.
The total margin between the winners and runner-up was 2139 votes.
Pengana Constituency seat became vacant as a result of the death of Honourable Afon who died after being declared a winner of the election held in February.
- Oyo to Educate over 170,000 Almajiris, Hawkers in 23 LGAs
- Presidential Election: Supreme Court Rejects Atiku, PDP’s Request To Access ‘INEC Server’
- Tai Solarin University Of Education Final Year Student Kills Himself Over Carry-overs
- THE ROLES OF LEADERS FOR EFFECTIVE ORGANIZATION: Full Lecture Delivered By Com Adeboye Adebayo At OPC Leadership Retreat
- Lagos Assembly Rejected 3 Commissioner-Nominees Due To ‘High-Wire Politics’ – Report
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News4 days ago
I will End Insecurity, Kidnapping In Yorubaland In 4 Months-Aare Ona Kakanfo
News4 days ago
Adelani Baderinwa Emerges Commissioner Nominee From Ifelodun LG
News3 days ago
Threat Of Insecurity Forced Yoruba People To Recognise OPC-Aare Gani Adams
Sports4 days ago
Samson Siasia Reacts As FIFA Bans Him For Life