Residents of Kajola in Osogbo, Osun state were on Sunday thrown into mourning when an old house built with mud suddenly collapsed and killed an eleven-year-old boy simply identified as Jide.
The old building located at Kajola street, (Kegbe family compound),Osogbo, the state capital of Osun, collapsed on Jide while he passing by.
CityMirrorNews further gathered he was rushed to a hospital at Oke-Baale but the medical personnel at the Oke-Baale said his case was beyond them.
The boy was then rushed to Ladoke Akintola University Teaching Hospital but died on the way to the hospital. He was taken back home and buried immediately according to Islamic rites.
One of the occupants of the collapsed building, Mr. Arowolo Mutiu, said, “I was in my room when I heard the loud sound. I came out and realised that the other side of our house had collapsed. The wall collapsed on a boy and the boy died.”
A relative of the parents of the boy who preferred anonymity said the family wouldn’t want the incident to become a case adding that they have accepted it as the will of God.
“As Muslims, we believe that it is the will of God; the Almighty Allah has destined that the boy will not complete Ramadan with us and there is nothing anybody can do about it. Even if we go to court, it will not bring the boy back. That’s is it.”
- Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Newborn Baby Because She Looks Like A Masquerade – Photo
- One Dies As Groups Clash In Jigawa
- Meet The 20-year-old Woman Who Lives Together With Her 4 Male Lovers – Photo
- WHO Decries ‘collective failure’ as measles Kills 140,000
- Nnamdi Kanu Reacts As DSS Invades Courtroom, Chases Lawyers, Re-arrest Sowore