The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has said that it has arrested one of the Internet fraudsters declared wanted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation of United States in Edo.
The said suspect, an unnamed female, was said to have been collaborating with fraudsters outside Nigeria.
Head of Benin Zonal Office of the EFCC, Muhtar Bello, speaking on behalf of the Acting Chairman of the commission, Ibrahim Magu, made the disclosure.
He said that the female suspect was involved in obtaining and stealing people’s information, which she forwards to her collaborators in the US.
Bello said that when the information is sent to the US by the lady, it is used to file for fraudulent tax by her collaborators.
He revealed that the suspect receives her own share through bitcoin rather than through wire transfer to avoid being detected.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Osun Assembly Charges OSSIEC On Credible Elections
- Osun: DG Boss Calls For Strict Adherence To Traffic Rules Among Okada Riders
- OSPOLY Fixes Dates For 2021/2022 Post UTME Screening Exercise
- EFCC Displays 51,933 Pages, Showing Content Of Naira Marley’s iPhone
- REPORTER’S DIARY: Arrested, Charged Within An Hour Without Outside Contact.… Clear Example Of How Journalists Disappear In Nigeria
News3 days ago
If Buhari Declares Bandits As Terrorists, Nothing Will Remain In Nigeria — Islamic Cleric, Gumi
News3 days ago
Central Bank Of Nigeria Launches Digital Currency, Puts eNaira Wallet Apps On Google, Apple Stores
News5 days ago
Just In: Gunmen Attack Abolongo Correctional Facility In Oyo, Set Prisoners Free
News2 days ago
Osun Pensioners Lament Unpaid Entitlements, Say We’re Now Beggars