The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has said that it has arrested one of the Internet fraudsters declared wanted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation of United States in Edo.
The said suspect, an unnamed female, was said to have been collaborating with fraudsters outside Nigeria.
Head of Benin Zonal Office of the EFCC, Muhtar Bello, speaking on behalf of the Acting Chairman of the commission, Ibrahim Magu, made the disclosure.
He said that the female suspect was involved in obtaining and stealing people’s information, which she forwards to her collaborators in the US.
Bello said that when the information is sent to the US by the lady, it is used to file for fraudulent tax by her collaborators.
He revealed that the suspect receives her own share through bitcoin rather than through wire transfer to avoid being detected.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- I Wish You Best In Your Adminstration, Babayemi Congratulates Adeleke
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Reverses Adebutu’s Nomination As Ogun PDP Gov Candidate
- Independence: IBEDC Congratulates Nigerians, Pledges Commitment To Development
- Get Affordable Luxury Home At SQUARE By Lagoon Court, See How To Apply
- Omokri Explains N122m Refund By PDP NWC Members, Accuses Tinubu’s Camp
Entertainment4 days ago
Popular Nigerian Nollywood Actress Under Fire For Sharing Sex Toys At Mother’s Remembrance
News4 days ago
Just In: Deposed Monarch Regains Throne
News2 days ago
Nigerian Man Deported For Killing Parrot A Month After Relocating To Canada
News5 days ago
Osun MAOS Gets Acting Executives