By Jide Afolabi, Jos
The Plateau state governorship election petition tribunal sitting in Jos, Plateau state has declared that the All Proggressives Congress, APC, governorship candidate in the last general election, Rt Hon Simon Bako Lalong was qualified to contest the election stating that the issue of differences in names brought before the Tribunal by the petitioner, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, candidate, Jeremiah Useni.
The tribunal resolved the issue in favour of Lalong at the ongoing delivery of judgement today, Wednesday.
On the issue of Lalong different names as alleged by the petitioners and the certificate issue, the Tribunal held that the second respondent is not the owner of the certificate, and the tribunal held and resolved that the second respondent Lalong is the owner of the certificate and all the four different names are linked.
- Oyo Govt Announces Guidelines For Students’ Resumption ….Says Facilities are in Place for Emergency
- Ogunbiyi Pays Tributes To Adagunodo On His Birthday
- Beware Of Self-medication, Osun SA Public Health Warn residents
- Man, 45, Sentenced To 30 Days Imprisonment For Not Wearing Facemask In Osun
- FG Increases Petrol To N143.80 Per Litre
Opinion3 days ago
Prof. Emmanuel J.D Garba is the Best Candidate for Plateau South Senatorial
News3 days ago
Hazardous Telecom Mast Discovered In Osun
News4 days ago
Ajimobi Buried At His Oluyole Home As Thousands Still Keep Vigil Awaiting His Corpse At Mosque
News4 days ago
Watch How People Defied Social Distancing, Struggle To Get Food At Ajimobi’s Burial (video)