A female journalist, Mrs Florence Babasola is the best Reporter of the year 2019 according to the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Osun State Council.
Babasola the union of pen pushers said was awarded based on her proficiency and dexterity in her reports and articles for her media outfit, Alaroye; a Yoruba newspaper.
The information officer of the Ministry of Finance, Mr Kingsley Omoyeni won the best information of the years for the second time.
Omoyeni was awarded for being proficient in his assignment just as he got commendation for being consistent, responsive, responsible and vibrant in producing several publication in newspapers as well as various opinion articles in the broadcast media.
RAVE FM Osogbo won the media organization of the year award for the third time in a row.
The chairman of the Osun Council of the NUJ, Comrade Kehinde Ayantunji said the awardees were chosen based on merit and professional cum ethical conduct in the discharge of their duties.
Ayantunji urged his colleagues to be up and doing in their responsibility of serving as the watchdog of the society.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Osun Assembly Charges OSSIEC On Credible Elections
- Osun: DG Boss Calls For Strict Adherence To Traffic Rules Among Okada Riders
- OSPOLY Fixes Dates For 2021/2022 Post UTME Screening Exercise
- EFCC Displays 51,933 Pages, Showing Content Of Naira Marley’s iPhone
- REPORTER’S DIARY: Arrested, Charged Within An Hour Without Outside Contact.… Clear Example Of How Journalists Disappear In Nigeria
News3 days ago
If Buhari Declares Bandits As Terrorists, Nothing Will Remain In Nigeria — Islamic Cleric, Gumi
News3 days ago
Central Bank Of Nigeria Launches Digital Currency, Puts eNaira Wallet Apps On Google, Apple Stores
News5 days ago
Just In: Gunmen Attack Abolongo Correctional Facility In Oyo, Set Prisoners Free
News2 days ago
Osun Pensioners Lament Unpaid Entitlements, Say We’re Now Beggars