The issue of sexual harassment in Nigeria’s film industry has come to the fore again, as an actress has openly talked about advances made to her by some producers.
Fast rising actress, Monica Friday is one of the talented acts rocking the movie industry.
Her role in the popular TV series, Do Good where she stars alongside renowned acts like Kate Henshaw and Basorge Tariah, shot her into the limelight.
Since then, she has been soaring higher.
“Do Good was my break. The platform was huge; it was showing on 53 African countries. After that, I was in Wives On Strike, First Lady, Unspoken and lots more.
“I have always loved the art, though I never planned to be an actress. I was active in drama and dance from childhood. I started attending auditions after my secondary school. I waka tire and the fake filmmakers were more than the real ones. But one good thing about me was that I was never desperate. Few producers offered me roles for sex and I flew away like a golden bird,” she recalled.
The Lagos State-born actress also revealed how seeing Liz Benson in her dream helped her career. “ Acting became my first priority when I had a dream about a popular actress, Liz Benson.
It’s something I hardly share; it is divine. It was just a clear vision that I belong to the entertainment industry,” she said.
- Breaking: Police Arrests Duncan Mighty
- Onnoghen Barred From Travelling, His Passport Seized ..Security Agents Accost Ex-cjn, Wife, Daughter At Abuja Airport
- YESSO: Osun Disburses Over N2b To Indigent Citizens To Tackle Unemployment
- Osun Council Boss Gives Back To Widows, Aged People….. Distributes Cloths, Foodstuffs, Cash
- Osun First Lady Calls For Artisan Involvement In Eradicating Of Open Defecation In Nigeria
News4 days ago
Abba Kyari’s Query That Sacked Fowler
Crime5 days ago
Policeman Who Gun Down Truck Driver ‘Because Of N50 Bribe’ In Ondo Remanded In Prison
News3 days ago
How Mamman Daura Gave Presidential Directive Without My Husband’s Knowledge — Aisha Buhari
News5 days ago
Ondo Discovers 51 Ghost Workers On Payroll