Nigerian Association of Women Journalists (NAWOJ), Osun state chapter has called on the people of the state to imbibe the lessons of love exemplified by Jesus Christ as they celebrate this year Christmas.
This, according to NAWOJ, became necessary for a peaceful co-existence regardless of religion, tribe and political party in the state and in Nigeria as a whole.
In a statement jointly signed by the chairperson and secretary of the association, Mrs Motunrayo Ayegbayo and Mrs Florence Babasola respectively to felicitate with the people of the state on this special occasion, NAWOJ urged every individual to allow love reign supreme in their dealings with others.
The statement reads in part, “Christmas is the time to touch every heart with love and care. It is the time to receive and send blessings. There is always true beauty of connecting with loved ones. It goes beyond merry making but the real expression of what it stands for.
“We call for love as we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. Let love reign in every home, every community, in the state and Nigeria as a whole”.
- COVID-19: Schools Not Ready For Resumption-Reps
- Yoruba Progressive Forum Greets Chief Bisi Akande At 82, Describes Him As A Detribalised Nigerian
- Hijab: MSSN Warns School Principals Against Causing Crisis In Osun
- Osun NUJ Immortalizes Late Prominent Member, Alonge, Sets Up Foundation In Her Honour
- Oluwo Celebrates 5th Coronation Anniversary, Says Iwo Has Witnessed Unprecedented Development