Immediate past Governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose, has been granted bail in the sum of N50 million.
His bail application was granted during his second appearance before the Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos, on Wednesday.
Fayose was arraigned before Justice Mojisola Olatoregun by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on charges of corruption.
The judge also asked him to provide a surety who must have landed property in Lagos. The guarantor is also required to have three-year tax clearance in Lagos.
Fayose is facing an 11-count charge bothering on receiving illegal monies to fund his 2014 governorship campaign in Ekiti State, among other allegations of benefitting from proceeds of money laundry.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- 2023: Osun TSO Holds Strategic Meeting, Implores All To Work For Asiwaju’s Victory
- LASG Disbands MOT Enforcement Team
- Rural-Urban Migration: Oyo CSDA, ALGON Collaborate on Community Projects Sustenance
- Sat Guru Maharaj jI Denies Allegation Of Cooking With Human Blood
- Oyo Deputy Governor, Bayo Lawal To Act As Governor For 23 Days
News4 days ago
Ede Killings: Osun Lawmaker Debunks Alleged Involvement In The Crisis
Opinion4 days ago
Open Letter To The People Of Osun By Kunle Oyatomi
News4 days ago
FG, Private Employment Agencies Partners on Labour Migration
Crime2 days ago
Just In: Court Remands Osun Popular Thug, Rasidi Oko-Ilu Over Alleged Murder, Arson