A woman who works as a radio presenter has stunned family and friends as well as her fans when she decided to give birth to her baby live on air.
According to a report by London Evening Standard, a US radio presenter has given birth live on air in a stunt for her show. It was reportedly her first delivery.
Cassiday Proctor, a weekday morning presenter on The Arch station in St Louis, aired her birth by Caesarean section on Tuesday.
The station worked with the hospital where Ms Proctor gave birth for the broadcast.
She told the BBC: “It was amazing to be able to share the most exciting day of my life with our radio listeners.
“[Giving birth on air was] an extension of what I already do every day on our radio show [as] I share all aspects of my life with the [listeners].”
The child, who weighed 7lbs 6oz, has been named Jameson after her audience chose the name in a competition last month.
Listeners were offered the choice between “twelve silly names” and twelve names chosen by Ms Proctor and her partner.
She will now take maternity leave from her morning programme.
- Horror! Ritualist Murders Ex-girlfriend, Sells Her Body Parts For N90,000 (Photos)
- Breaking: Police Arrests Duncan Mighty
- Onnoghen Barred From Travelling, His Passport Seized ..Security Agents Accost Ex-cjn, Wife, Daughter At Abuja Airport
- YESSO: Osun Disburses Over N2b To Indigent Citizens To Tackle Unemployment
- Osun Council Boss Gives Back To Widows, Aged People….. Distributes Cloths, Foodstuffs, Cash