The All Progressives Congress, APC, standard bearer for the coming gubernatorial election in Osun state, Alhaji Gboyega Oyetola, has promised that the full payment of salary that has started in the state would continue.
He made the promise in his home, Iragbiji, while hosting Journalists for Eid-el-Kabir festival on Wednesday.
Oyetola who described the direct primary used in the primary election of APC in the state as the best, said nobody has challenged the result of the primary election.
He noted that those that went to court after the primary only challenged the process and not the election.
Reacting to the defection of some chieftains of the party, especially the Secretary to the state government, Alhaji Moshood Adeoti, Oyetola said defection is not peculiar to Osun state.
“We’ve started paying full salary and I believe it will continue. We are looking for another opportunity of increasing the IGR. It is a civic responsibility and people have to pay.
He said his government will utilize the opportunity of public private partnership to improve the economy of the state, if elected.
The governorship hopeful also promised to embark on programmes that will attract investment to the state, assuring that the state will focus tourism to improve the economy.
- How Ovie Omo-Agege Was Sent To Rig Me Out Of Osun Guber Race In 2018 – Lasun Yusuff
- APC Didn’t Win 2018 Guber Election In Osun – Lasun Yussuf Alleges, Says Nobody Can Stop His 2022 Gov Ambition
- ‘APC Did Not Win 2018 Governorship Election In Osun’ – Gov aspirant, Lasun Yusuf
- APC Elders Caucus Member, Lasun Yusuf Confirms 2018 Rigging In Favour Of The Party
- Akin Ogunbiyi Bags OAU Distinguished Alumnus Award
News5 days ago
How Ife LG Workers Buried OAU MBA Student On Police Directive – Lawyer
News4 days ago
Olufon Stool: Why Odunolu Ruling House Cannot Produce The New King – Oluyeyin Ruling House
News4 days ago
Tragedy As FEDPOFFA Lecturer Slumps, Dies
News3 days ago
Akure North/South By-Election: Group Seeks Support For Adesida’s Reps Ambition