By Gimba Kakanda
We should all mobilize against the idea of a state-controlled Police. Its role in this chaos named Nigeria does not even require a SWOT analysis to understand. A state police is evidently a tool of oppression, harassment and intimidation by our provincial political overlords.
In a country where courts take years to settle abuse of basic human rights, it’s legitimate to be afraid of another state-authorized militancy.
With a state police under a politician with Peter Pan syndrome or the emotionally unintelligent, even oppositions will become a risky business. I think we should wait for another century – while raising generations different from ours – to tamper with these statistics of arms and preventable deaths in the country.
- Police Arraign 3 Men For Allegedly Stealing She-Goat
- Why Nigerian Youth Remains unemployed – Pantami
- How Husband Killed Her 29-Year-Old Wife For Coming Home Late
- 2023: Ask Politicians Critical Questions Before Making Choices’, Cleric charges Nigerians
- BREAKING: Police Rescue Three Abuja Kidnap Victims, Recover Arms