The Independent National Electoral Commission has extended the collection of Permanent Voter Cards till Wednesday, September 19, 2018 ahead of the Saturday election in Osun state.
This was disclosed by the INEC Chairman, Prof. Mahmmud Yakubu at the Election Stakeholders Forum on the September 22nd governorship election in the state in Osogbo on Monday.
Yakubu appealed to registered voters in the state to use the opportunity of the extension to collect their PVCs in order to exercise their franchise on Saturday.
He said the collection of the PVCs would end at exactly 5pm on Wednesday. He further stated that the Commission is fully prepared for the election and urged politicians and voter’s to shun the unlawful act of buying and selling of votes noting that it’s a criminal offence.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Osun Guber, Presidential Elections Will Be An Easy Win For PDP- Osun ASO Coordinator
- Osun 2022: Former Adeleke Running Mate, Factional Chair, Ex-lawmakers, Other PDP Chieftains Defect To APC
- Ilado Chieftaincy Tussle: Call Deji Of Akure To Order, Ondo Traditional Rulers, Olus Tells Akeredolu
- Cocoa Merchant, Adeniji, Decries Dwindling Production Of Cocoa In Nigeria, Proffers Solutions
- JUST IN: Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy Avoidable If INEC Had Functional Server – Uzodimma
News5 days ago
Oyetola Reappoints Four Commissioners After Losing National Assembly Tickets
News3 days ago
Make Yourself Relevant In All Spheres Of Life, Osun NULGE President Charges Members
News5 days ago
Top Nigerian Newspaper’s Columnist, Olagunju Donates Borehole To Home Town To Mark Father’s Day
Opinion4 days ago
Of Osun APC, PDP’s Campaign Outcome By Isaac Olusesi