Students of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology LAUTECH Ogbomoso and local chapter Academic Staff Union of University ASUU have kicked against the new regime of tution fee introduced by the management.
The registrar of the institution, Mr J A Agboola had on monday october 15, issued a notice announcing new regime of tutiion fee which takes effects from 2018/2019 academic session.
Acording to the notice, non indigenes are to pay N250,000. while indigenes the two onwers state, Oyo and Osun will be paying N200.000 respectively
In a swift reaction, the Student Union Government rejects the new regime of tution fee and vow to challenge the management on the decision.
Abiodun Oluwaseun President Lautech Students Union Government in a short notice said ” Prior to the impromptu notification from the Lautech Management on increment of tuition fee from 65k to 250k , the students decided to hold a peaceful Protest today from 6am shutting down the major road in front of college of health sciences and the school main gate.
The protest was held in Osogbo and Ogbomoso simultaneously during which major roads were blocked and student chanting anti government songs
In a similar development, the Academic Staff Union of University has kicked against outrageous increaae in tuition fee.
ASUU chairman, Dr Abiodun Olaniran when contacted said “ASUU is against commercialisation and privatisation of Education in the Country, therefore opposes the increment in tuition fee”
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Osun Police Arraign 35-Year- Old Woman Over Alleged Breach Of Public Peace
- 2023: Hoodlums Destroy House of Reps Candidate Billboard In Ibadan
- Just In :Appeal Court Panel Urges FG, ASUU To Settle Out Of Court
- 2023: Makinde Opens Two-Day Training For Candidates …Says We’ve Shifted Paradigms In Governance, Politics …Set To Flag-Off Iddo-Eruwa Road
- Media Aid Fired For Supporting Peter Obi