By Ikechukwu Iweajunwa, Owerri
Speaking with newsmen at the Sam Mbakwe International Airport in Owerri, shortly on arrival from an overseas trip, Okorocha said that Nwosu is qualified to govern Imo and that his position on the endorsement stands.
He, however, assured that the primary to elect a candidate a governorship candidate for the APC in Imo would be transparent, noting that there would be no shortcut in selecting candidates to fly the party’s flag.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that observers have been criticizing the governor for his penchant for choosing his relations to occupy public offices.
Okorocha also disclosed that local government council elections in Imo would be conducted in June, to give residents of the state an opportunity to elect candidates of their choice at the grassroots.
He said that he was working hard to boost the popularity of the APC in the South-East to make the party acceptable to the people in the upcoming general elections.
The governor said that he was also taking necessary steps to inject life into the party to boost President Muhammadu Buhari’s re-election chances.
- Osun: APC Chieftain, Asler Distributes Free JAMB, WAEC Forms To Over 550 Indigent Students In Ejigbo
- Buhari Declares Tinubu As Next President Of Nigeria
- Yoruba Obas Fume Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes, Fuel, Urge Buhari To Respond To Cries Of Nigerians
- Opposition Elements Want To Create Political Crisis With Fuel, New Naira Notes Scarcity, Says Tinubu
- Tinubu/Shettima 2023: Badmus Provides Free Medical Service To Osogbo Residents
Crime4 days ago
Pastor Shares Own Obituary On Whatsapp To Avoid Paying Member ₦3m Debt
Foreign News4 days ago
Just In: Missing Radioactive Capsule Found In Australia
News4 days ago
2023 Election: Elements In Presidential Villa Working Against Tinubu – El-Rufai
News4 days ago
Tinubu Speaks Of Return Of Economic Prosperity At Calabar, Awka Campaign Rallies