The Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has picked former Anambra State Governor Peter Obi, as his running-mate, CityMirrorNews has learnt.
Though there is no official comfirmation yet, one of the senior aides of the PDP candidate confirmed Atiku’s pick for running-mate to but pleaded not to be quoted because he was not authorised to speak on the issue. The aide however said Atiku would in due course formally present Obi to Nigerians.
Obi, who had been mentioned among those being considered for vice presidential slot of the party, had earlier held a closed-door meeting with Atiku at the PDP candidate’s Asokoro residence in Abuja on Friday.
With the emergence of Obi as Atiku’s running mate, the PDP vice presidential slot has been zoned to the South-east, a region that has been complaining of marginalisation. Three of the five states in the zone are currently under the control of the PDP. Details later….
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Gory Details Of Climate Change: A Blessing Turned To A Curse And The Call For Urgent Action By Yakubu Adekunle Alli
- Car Dealer Remanded In Prison Over alleged Fraud Of N13.3M In Osun
- Kogi Poly Goes Gaga, Rusticates 171 Students Over Academic Ineptness
- 2023: Sharada Dumps APC, Emerges As Kano ADP Guber Candidate
- NACETEM To Hold Dissemination Workshop On Design And Impact Of An Apprenticeship-based Entrepreneurship Intervention In Nigeria