The Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has picked former Anambra State Governor Peter Obi, as his running-mate, CityMirrorNews has learnt.
Though there is no official comfirmation yet, one of the senior aides of the PDP candidate confirmed Atiku’s pick for running-mate to but pleaded not to be quoted because he was not authorised to speak on the issue. The aide however said Atiku would in due course formally present Obi to Nigerians.
Obi, who had been mentioned among those being considered for vice presidential slot of the party, had earlier held a closed-door meeting with Atiku at the PDP candidate’s Asokoro residence in Abuja on Friday.
With the emergence of Obi as Atiku’s running mate, the PDP vice presidential slot has been zoned to the South-east, a region that has been complaining of marginalisation. Three of the five states in the zone are currently under the control of the PDP. Details later….
- Yoruba Monarch Commends Nigerian Army Over Fight Against Insurgents, Armed Banditry
- 19-Year-Old Boy Jailed In Osun For Stealing
- Ilerioluwa Development Initiative Boosts Agriculture In Osun, Distributes Cheques To Women In Agriculture
- Oyintiloye Football Club FC Emerges Third Best Football Club In Osun
- Omoworare Supports Buhari On Credible Elections, Condemns Pre-Electoral Violence In Atakumosa
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
South West News5 days ago
Elections: Osun APC Raises Alarm On Threat To Peace, Calls On Security Agencies To Act Promptly
News4 days ago
Tribute To A Big Fighter And Crusader, Alhaja Wasilat Adunni Nee Aregbesola
News4 days ago
Breaking: INEC Finally Postpones Nigeria’s General Election To February 23
South West News3 days ago
Elections: Hoodlums Attack Osun Community, Iyaloja, APC Members, Injured