The Police on Tuesday arraigned two Airtel employees, Isaac Ilupeju and Emmanuel Adeyanju, who allegedly stole N198,000 while pretending to help the customer swap a sim card, before an Igbosere Magistrates’ Court in Lagos.
The suspects. Ilupeju, 33 and Adeyanju, 29, are standing trial on a two-count charge of conspiracy and stealing.
They however pleaded not guilty of the offences preferred against them by the police.
The prosecutor, Sgt. Chinedu Njoku, informed the court that the accused committed the alleged offences between July 10 and July 20, at 4.00p.m, at Diamond Bank Plc, Ikoyi, Lagos.
He said that the duo unlawfully swapped the complainant, Abdullahi Musa’s Airtel Sim Card number and used the number to withdraw the sum of N198, 000 from the complainant’s diamond bank account.
Njoku said the offences contravened Sections 287 (1) and 411 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The presiding magistrate, Mrs Folashade Botoku, admitted them on bail in the sum of N100, 000 each with two sureties each in like sum.
She also ruled that the sureties must be gainfully employed, must show evidence of tax payment to the Lagos State Government and have their addresses verified.
The matter was thereafter adjourned till Oct. 12 for mention.
- How Ovie Omo-Agege Was Sent To Rig Me Out Of Osun Guber Race In 2018 – Lasun Yusuff
- APC Didn’t Win 2018 Guber Election In Osun – Lasun Yussuf Alleges, Says Nobody Can Stop His 2022 Gov Ambition
- ‘APC Did Not Win 2018 Governorship Election In Osun’ – Gov aspirant, Lasun Yusuf
- APC Elders Caucus Member, Lasun Yusuf Confirms 2018 Rigging In Favour Of The Party
- Akin Ogunbiyi Bags OAU Distinguished Alumnus Award
News5 days ago
How Ife LG Workers Buried OAU MBA Student On Police Directive – Lawyer
News4 days ago
Olufon Stool: Why Odunolu Ruling House Cannot Produce The New King – Oluyeyin Ruling House
News4 days ago
Tragedy As FEDPOFFA Lecturer Slumps, Dies
News3 days ago
Akure North/South By-Election: Group Seeks Support For Adesida’s Reps Ambition