The arraignment of a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Alhaji Fatai Diekola before a Magistrate Court in Osogbo, State of Osun, has been adjourned as the Chieftain slumped before his charge was read.
Diekola was to be arraigned alongside one Sikiru Lawal and one Adekilekun Segun. The trio were arrested on the 25th of September around Alekuwodo area in Osogbo for allegedly purchasing PVCs from the electorate
However, when the trio were called into the dock, Diekola who had a plaster on his hand, slumped and had to be given a chair to sit on.
His counsel, Barrister Bukola Onifade told the court that the accused is seriously sick and was brought to court from OAU teaching hospital.
Though the prosecutor, Felix Okocha prayed the court to take the plea of the accused as he was, Chief Magistrate Olusegun Ayilara said that he could not take the plea of a dying person and thereby adjourned the case till November 23.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Ogun 2023 And The Man, Otegbeye With Uncontroversial Certification
- Gunmen Kidnap Six People In Kwara, Four Rescued By Police
- IBB @ 81: Journalists Must Shun Politicians Who Preach Hate Speech, Disunity – Babangida
- ASUU: LAUTECH Debunks Rumored Resumption
- Osun LG Election: Don’t Allow Yourself To Be Used As Tool Of Illegality- PDP Advises OSIEC
News5 days ago
Osun: Producer Of Popular Local Balm ‘Ero Arike’ Kidnapped, Rescued By Police
News4 days ago
2023: Osun TSO Holds Strategic Meeting, Implores All To Work For Asiwaju’s Victory
News4 days ago
Osun-Osogbo Festival: Devotees Defy Govt Warning, Drink ‘Healing Water’ From River
News2 days ago
Five Famous Countries Where Women Marry Multiple Husbands