It is like a war between two brothers from the same city of Ede as former Speaker of the Osun State House of Assembly Hon Adejare Bello dumped the Peoples Democratic Party on Monday.
Bello who was the Speaker of the House of Assembly under the Olagunsoye Oyinlola administration cited irreconcilable differences with the candidate of the PDP for the forthcoming governorship poll Senator Ademola Adeleke.
Both are from Ede in the Osun West zone of the state.
Adejare has supported Adeleke to emerge as the senatorial candidate of the PDP in 2017 allegedly with the agreement that he would vie for the top job in the state this year.
At different fora, Bello had cited betrayal on the part of the Adeleke family led by the business mogul Dr Deji Adeleke.
In a letter of resignation written by Bello, the former Speaker said the party has been hijacked by elements he believed do not know the direction to which they should take it.
“It is my belief that certain elements have hijacked the rudder of the ship of the party and changed its cause towards an unknown path of which I am not ready to take”
- Buahri Anti Corruption Crusade Best Means To Repositioning The Country- Comrade Adeniran
- Ijesa/IBEDC Feud: Osun Assembly To Assess Level Of Damage Done To Electrical Equipment In Ilesa
- Supplementary Elections: Police Warns Troublemakers, Unaccredited Observers
- Wickedness! Teenagers Chop Man’s Hand for Rescuing Victim in Jos
- Plateau CP, Isaac Akinmoyede Addresses Journalists, States Commands Achievements
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News3 days ago
Breaking: Osun Govt Shuts Down College Of Education, School Of Health Technology And College Of Technology
News2 days ago
News Flash: Tribunal To Give Judgement On Osun Gov Election On Friday
News4 days ago
How O’Ambulance Staff Saved Pregnant Woman, Delivered Her Baby
2019 General Elections4 days ago
APC Reacts To INEC’s Decision Not To Issue Certificate Of Return To Okorocha