The All Progressives Congress (APC), in Ogun State, Monday evening at a stakeholders meeting, picked its consensus candidates for the 2019 state House of Assembly election.
It was gathered that candidates were adopted for 23 out of the 26 seats, at the exercise, conducted at the Presidential Lodge, Abeokuta.
They emerged after all aspirants from all constituencies met to pick the most suitable candidate among them.
Governor Ibikunle Amosun, who announced the outcome of the exercise, said it was a demonstration of the transparent democratic ideals of the APC.
He said the arrangement, witnessed by elected party members and political appointees, was peaceful and accepted by all.
The governor thanked the aspirants for their cooperation and urged the candidates to prepare for the election.
According to him, candidates for the three remaining seats as well as those of the National Assembly seats, will be concluded Tues (Sept. 11).
All candidates, in their speeches, commended the party and Amosun for the rancour free exercise
- Buahri Anti Corruption Crusade Best Means To Repositioning The Country- Comrade Adeniran
- Ijesa/IBEDC Feud: Osun Assembly To Assess Level Of Damage Done To Electrical Equipment In Ilesa
- Supplementary Elections: Police Warns Troublemakers, Unaccredited Observers
- Wickedness! Teenagers Chop Man’s Hand for Rescuing Victim in Jos
- Plateau CP, Isaac Akinmoyede Addresses Journalists, States Commands Achievements
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News3 days ago
Breaking: Osun Govt Shuts Down College Of Education, School Of Health Technology And College Of Technology
News2 days ago
News Flash: Tribunal To Give Judgement On Osun Gov Election On Friday
News4 days ago
How O’Ambulance Staff Saved Pregnant Woman, Delivered Her Baby
2019 General Elections4 days ago
APC Reacts To INEC’s Decision Not To Issue Certificate Of Return To Okorocha