The All Progressives Congress (APC), in Ogun State, Monday evening at a stakeholders meeting, picked its consensus candidates for the 2019 state House of Assembly election.
It was gathered that candidates were adopted for 23 out of the 26 seats, at the exercise, conducted at the Presidential Lodge, Abeokuta.
They emerged after all aspirants from all constituencies met to pick the most suitable candidate among them.
Governor Ibikunle Amosun, who announced the outcome of the exercise, said it was a demonstration of the transparent democratic ideals of the APC.
He said the arrangement, witnessed by elected party members and political appointees, was peaceful and accepted by all.
The governor thanked the aspirants for their cooperation and urged the candidates to prepare for the election.
According to him, candidates for the three remaining seats as well as those of the National Assembly seats, will be concluded Tues (Sept. 11).
All candidates, in their speeches, commended the party and Amosun for the rancour free exercise
- How Ovie Omo-Agege Was Sent To Rig Me Out Of Osun Guber Race In 2018 – Lasun Yusuff
- APC Didn’t Win 2018 Guber Election In Osun – Lasun Yussuf Alleges, Says Nobody Can Stop His 2022 Gov Ambition
- ‘APC Did Not Win 2018 Governorship Election In Osun’ – Gov aspirant, Lasun Yusuf
- APC Elders Caucus Member, Lasun Yusuf Confirms 2018 Rigging In Favour Of The Party
- Akin Ogunbiyi Bags OAU Distinguished Alumnus Award
News5 days ago
How Ife LG Workers Buried OAU MBA Student On Police Directive – Lawyer
News4 days ago
Olufon Stool: Why Odunolu Ruling House Cannot Produce The New King – Oluyeyin Ruling House
News4 days ago
Tragedy As FEDPOFFA Lecturer Slumps, Dies
News3 days ago
Akure North/South By-Election: Group Seeks Support For Adesida’s Reps Ambition