By Mohammad Tijjani,Kaduna
Sen. Ahmed Aruwa, who died early Sunday morning, has been buried at Turaki Aliyu Cemetry, Unguwar Sarki, Kaduna after funeral prayers held at Sultan Bello Mosque.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Sheikh Ahmad Gumi led the funeral prayer at about 1:00 PM.
The funeral prayer was attended by former Vice President Namadi Sambo, Gov. Nasril El-Rufa’i, and former Governors of Kaduna State, Ahmad Makarfi and Ramalan Yero, as well as People Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate Isa Ashiru among others.
Aruwa represented Kaduna central senatorial district in the upper legislative chamber between 1999 and 2007 under the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP).
He founded the defunct Ranchers Bees football club that nurtured prominent national players like Daniel Amokachi, Dahiru Sadi among others.
Aruwa who died around 4:30 am at a private hospital in Barnawa, Kaduna, had suffered prolonged illness before his death.
- Osun SWAN Honours Prince Dotun Babayemi With Meritorious Gold Award
- Just In: Ezekwesili Steps Aside From Presidential Race
- Osun APC 2019 Campaign Committee: Otunba JMK, A Worthy Leaders That Will Deliver By Adeboye Adebayo
- Osinbajo, Magu Speak On Online Publishing At 3rd Annual OPAN New Media Conference
- Venezuelans March Against President Maduro
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News5 days ago
Osun APC Chairman Acknowledges Oranmiyan Group’s Support In Winning Elections
Crime3 days ago
In Osun: Court Remands 27-year-old Driver For Allegedly Raping Minor Inside School Bus
News3 days ago
Osun APC Blasts Obasanjo Over Comment On 2018 Guber Election
News3 days ago
Just In: IG Orders Immediate Disbandment Of FSARS