By Jide Afolabi, Jos
The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has shifted the time of its 2018 National Convention in Abuja on Saturday to 6pm.
This was contained in a statement signed by the Convention Planning Committee Chairman, Sen. Abiola Ajimobi today, Saturday. He said the convention will now start by 6pm as against 12 noon earlier announced at Eagle Square, Abuja.
He said, “This is to afford delegates from states that are just concluding their primaries, time to participate in the convention.”
The statement added that delegates from outside Abuja are to get accredited at the National Stadium while delegates within Abuja will be accredited at the old parade ground, Area 10, Abuja.
Ajimobi urged delegates to watch out for traffic diversion.
He said that all delegates will be accredited by their various states while areas of traffic diversion will be announced.
The Convention, according to the statement, is to elect the Presidential candidate of the Party only.
President Muhammadu Buhari is poised to be endorsed as the party’s candidate in the 2019 Presidential election having been the only aspirant so far.
The Convention is expecting over 7,000 delegates.
- APC didn’t win 2018 guber election – Lasun Yussuf alleges, says nobody can stop his 2022 governorship ambition
- ‘APC Did Not Win 2018 Governorship Election In Osun’ – Gov aspirant, Lasun Yusuf
- APC Elders Caucus Member, Lasun Yusuf Confirms 2018 Rigging In Favour Of The Party
- Akin Ogunbiyi Bags OAU Distinguished Alumnus Award
- Oyetola’s Administration Is All-inclusive— YPF Coordinator, Lekan
News4 days ago
How Ife LG Workers Buried OAU MBA Student On Police Directive – Lawyer
News3 days ago
Olufon Stool: Why Odunolu Ruling House Cannot Produce The New King – Oluyeyin Ruling House
News3 days ago
Tragedy As FEDPOFFA Lecturer Slumps, Dies
News2 days ago
Akure North/South By-Election: Group Seeks Support For Adesida’s Reps Ambition