The Osun State governorship Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Osogbo, yesterday, granted an ex parte order to candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Senator Ademola Adeleke, restraining the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, from altering election results.
The tribunal headed by Justice T .A. Igoche and Justice B. A Obayi as member also ordered INEC not to tamper with information contained in the card reader machines and other documents used for the poll.
Senator Adeleke, through his counsel, Mr. Nathaniel Oke, SAN, had filed an ex parte application seeking leave of the tribunal to file the application before the pre -hearing session.
The applicant also sought leave of the tribunal to inspect and obtain certified true copies of electoral documents and materials in the custody of INEC.
Adeleke predicated his application on the grounds that he was the candidate that contested the election held on September 22, 2018 and the re-run election held on September 27, 2018 on the platform of PDP.
Other grounds of the application are: “That the total votes won by the 1st applicant on the 22nd day of September, 2018 was 245 ,698 while the 1st respondent scored 245 ,345.
- Senate Bill Proposes To Empower Nigeria Customs Service To Carry Out Electronic Transactions
- Banditry: Fresh Emissary Visits Bandits’ Warlord, Turji in Zamfara
- Sylvester Oromoni: Concerned Women Stage Protest In Front Of Dowen College
- Policemen Grumble As Finance Ministry Delays November Salary
- “Igbos In SE Prefer Political Appointments To Infrastructural Development, But President Buhari Does Not Understand That” – Chris Ngige, Minister Of Labour