Keith Mukata, a member of the opposition United Party for National Development, was found guilty of first degree murder by the Lusaka High Court.
Presiding judge Susan Wanjelani sentenced Mukata to death by hanging, but acquitted his girlfriend and co-accused Charmaine Musonda.
The two were both accused of killing security guard Namakau Kalila Kwenda at a law firm in the capital.
Justice Wanjelani said the fact three cartridges were found inside the gate confirms the deceased was shot by a person face to face.
Mukata’s lawyers have indicated they will appeal the sentence.
As much as Zambian laws provide for death penalties, convicts usually have their sentences commuted to life in prison instead.
- Horror! Ritualist Murders Ex-girlfriend, Sells Her Body Parts For N90,000 (Photos)
- Breaking: Police Arrests Duncan Mighty
- Onnoghen Barred From Travelling, His Passport Seized ..Security Agents Accost Ex-cjn, Wife, Daughter At Abuja Airport
- YESSO: Osun Disburses Over N2b To Indigent Citizens To Tackle Unemployment
- Osun Council Boss Gives Back To Widows, Aged People….. Distributes Cloths, Foodstuffs, Cash
News4 days ago
Abba Kyari’s Query That Sacked Fowler
Crime5 days ago
Policeman Who Gun Down Truck Driver ‘Because Of N50 Bribe’ In Ondo Remanded In Prison
News3 days ago
How Mamman Daura Gave Presidential Directive Without My Husband’s Knowledge — Aisha Buhari
News5 days ago
Ondo Discovers 51 Ghost Workers On Payroll