By Jide Afolabi, Jos
Luka Modric has won the 2018 Ballon’Or after beating off competition from closest rivals, Cristiano Ronaldo, Antoine Griezmann and Lionel Messi.
The Real Madrid star played a key role for his club as they won to a third consecutive Champions League title, as well as captaining Croatia to second place at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
Modric has become the first player to break Messi and Ronaldo’s duopoly of the award since 2007, with Brazil icon, Kaka being the last to lift the trophy before the Argentine and Portuguese stars collected five each across the following years.
- PS SUBEB, Kolawole Pays Courtesy Visist To Oranmiyan House, Says His Politics Is Simply Aregbesola
- Breaking: PDP Suspends Chairman on Allegation of Misappropriation of Funds
- Imbibe Reading Culture In Children–Osun First Lady Tells Parents
- National Theatre DG, Stella Oyedepo, Dies In Car Crash
- PDP Kicks Against Inclusion Of Justice Oyewole In Osun Appeal Panel