By Jide Afolabi, Jos
Suspected gunmen yesterday, Sunday attacked Lopandet Dwei Du Area of Jos South Local Government Area of Plateau State killing 11 people while 12 persons sustained various degrees of gunshot injuries in a fresh attack rocking the state.
City Mirror News gathered that a Hilux van full of gunmen invaded the area on Sunday night where the bloody massacre was carried out without any immediate response from the security agencies.
Confirming the attack, the Nigerian Police, Plateau State Command on Monday in its statement said “at about 02/09/2018 at 2030hrs, the command received a distress call that unknown gunmen have attacked Lopandet Dwei Du Area of Jos South Local Government Area of Plateau State”.
According to the Police Public Relations Officer of the Command, Mathias Tyopev in a press statement obtained by City Mirror News revealed that the Command immediately mobilized its men to the scene of the crime.
Tyopev said the men of the Command on arrival discovered that some people were shot and the victims were immediately rushed to Jos University Teaching Hospital, JUTH, and Plateau Specialist Hospital both in Jos, the state capital.
He said, “as a result of the attack, eleven (11) persons have been confirmed dead by doctors from both hospitals mentioned above while (12) persons were wounded and are now on admission receiving treatment.
He stated further that, “More security personnel have been deployed to the area to prevent further attacks on the Community, meanwhile, an investigation into the crime is ongoing”.
- Sallah: OSCOTECH Alumni President, Adenle Felicitates Muslims, Urges Them To Pray For End To Insecurity
- Tunde Badmus Greets Muslims At Eid, Advises FG To Tackle Insecurity For Economic Growth
- Eid-el-Fitri: Badmus Felicitates With Muslims, Sues for Peace, Ethno-Religious Tolerance
- Ganduje Frees 123 Prison Inmates For Eid-El-Fitr
- Table Your Demands To National Assembly, BMO Tells Southern Governors