The Borno State Police Command on Sunday foiled the attempt by two female bombers to infiltrate Maiduguri, the state capital, which subsequently led to the bombers’ death.
According to a statement by the command’s spokesman, Victor Isuku, a deputy superintendent of police (DSP) on Monday, “On 29/10/2017, at about 1845hrs, two female suicide bombers attempted to infiltrate Maiduguri township from Mafa/Dikwa LGA axis.
“They were sighted by vigilant security personnel deployed on patrol.
“Apparently startled by the presence of the security patrol team, and in order to avoid arrest, one of the bombers hurriedly detonated her IED vest killing herself and her partner in a nearby farmland close to NDLEA checkpoint along Maiduguri/Mafa highway, outskirts of Maiduguri township.”
Isuku added: “No other casualty was recorded. Police patrol/EOD teams were mobilised to sanitise the scene/vicinity, and render the unexploded IED vest of the second bomber safe.”
- Riot Broke Out In Osogbo As Police Allegedly Kill Driver
- Opinion: “No Economy In Osun State, under Governor Oyetola” – Former Deputy Speaker Lasun Yusuf
- Osun APC Fires Back At Lasun Yussuf Over Comments On 2018 Guber Poll, Says He’s An Attention Seeker
- How Ovie Omo-Agege Was Sent To Rig Me Out Of Osun Guber Race In 2018 – Lasun Yusuff
- APC Didn’t Win 2018 Guber Election In Osun – Lasun Yussuf Alleges, Says Nobody Can Stop His 2022 Gov Ambition
News4 days ago
Olufon Stool: Why Odunolu Ruling House Cannot Produce The New King – Oluyeyin Ruling House
News4 days ago
Tragedy As FEDPOFFA Lecturer Slumps, Dies
News3 days ago
Akure North/South By-Election: Group Seeks Support For Adesida’s Reps Ambition
Opinion4 days ago
Tribute To Mr Ayatu Momoh