Osun United Football Club booked their place in the Aiteo Cup Round of 16 on Wednesday evening after defeating Kwara United Football Club 4-3 on penalties after the full time ended 0-0.
It was a dramatic evening of FA Cup action at the Oshogbo Township Stadium which was decided on penalties as the Omoluabi Giants goalkeeper Ayo Ojo, secured his side victory from the spot.
It was a nail-bitting game with both sides showing the stuffs they are made of, but Osun United had most of the chances forcing the Harmony Warriors safehand, Eze Chidiebere, to make scintilating saves.
Kwara United survived defeat in the full-time with fireworks, coordinated passes and moves from Hakeem Olalere, Tosin Omoyele, Adeyemi Adeyeye, Chinedu Emmanuel and Jide Fatokun.
Osun United defence line marshaled by Olusola Akilapa and Kehinde Adeyemi, were disciplined to curtail threats from Michael Ohanu, and Segun Alebiosu.
Ayo Ojo steal the headlines after saving two Kwara United (Stephen Alfred and Alebiosu) penalties kicks, while Chidiebere, saved one Osun United (Mamud Akorede) kick.
- To Achieve Affordable Housing We Will Decongest Ibadan, Create Satellite Towns – Oyo Govt
- Osun Govt Declares Tuesday, August 20 Public Holiday For Isese Day
- Osun: Bishop Oyejola Dedicates New JDPMC Office To Indigents
- Akeredolu Appoints New Telegraph Correspondent As DCPS
- Breaking: Fire Guts Katangowa, Lagos Market, Destroys Goods Worth Millions Of Naira
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News3 days ago
I will End Insecurity, Kidnapping In Yorubaland In 4 Months-Aare Ona Kakanfo
News3 days ago
Adelani Baderinwa Emerges Commissioner Nominee From Ifelodun LG
News2 days ago
Threat Of Insecurity Forced Yoruba People To Recognise OPC-Aare Gani Adams
Sports3 days ago
Samson Siasia Reacts As FIFA Bans Him For Life