Osun United Football Club booked their place in the Aiteo Cup Round of 16 on Wednesday evening after defeating Kwara United Football Club 4-3 on penalties after the full time ended 0-0.
It was a dramatic evening of FA Cup action at the Oshogbo Township Stadium which was decided on penalties as the Omoluabi Giants goalkeeper Ayo Ojo, secured his side victory from the spot.
It was a nail-bitting game with both sides showing the stuffs they are made of, but Osun United had most of the chances forcing the Harmony Warriors safehand, Eze Chidiebere, to make scintilating saves.
Kwara United survived defeat in the full-time with fireworks, coordinated passes and moves from Hakeem Olalere, Tosin Omoyele, Adeyemi Adeyeye, Chinedu Emmanuel and Jide Fatokun.
Osun United defence line marshaled by Olusola Akilapa and Kehinde Adeyemi, were disciplined to curtail threats from Michael Ohanu, and Segun Alebiosu.
Ayo Ojo steal the headlines after saving two Kwara United (Stephen Alfred and Alebiosu) penalties kicks, while Chidiebere, saved one Osun United (Mamud Akorede) kick.
- ‘leave Tinubu Out Of Your Woes, You Are Behind APC Travails In Ondo’ – Bola Ilori Tells Akeredolu
- Ajimobi Inaugurates Historic Joint Transition Committee, Preaches Against Politics Of Bitterness
- 60th Anniversary: BHS Old Students Call For Return Of Discipline In Secondary Schools
- Sofolahan Sets To Restructure Scouting Activities In Ondo State
- Five Oil Wells Gut Fire In Ondo
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News2 days ago
We have succeeded in carrying out 70 open-heart surgeries, renal transplants -OAUTH CMD
News23 hours ago
Why I Built, Donated The Ultra Modern Central Mosque Extension To Osogbo Community- Omidiran
News5 days ago
Osun To Recruit 2000 Food Vendors To Feed School Pupils
News4 days ago
Breaking: Tension In Gombe Over Death Of 11 At Easter Rally