The Independent National Electoral Commission has declared Princess Shola Daibo of the Accord Party winner of the by-election into the vacant seat of the Delta State House of Assembly in Warri-South Constituency 1.
The INEC returning officer and the local collation officer, Mr Olatubosun Olusaya, made the declaration at the end of collation of results in Nana College, Warri, centre for the collation of final results in the presence of agents of the various participating political parties.
Daibo scored 5,546 votes of the 7,837 total numbers of valid votes at the poll.
Her nephew, who doubled as the All Progressives Congress candidate, Prince Stanley Emiko, polled 2,010 votes to come second.
The Peoples Democratic Party came a distant third with 183 votes.
Information has it that of the 8,103 accredited voters, 263 votes were rejected.
Princess Daibo is replacing Mrs Omawumi Udoh who died at a London hospital after a protracted illness in 2016.
- Osun: APC Chieftain, Asler Distributes Free JAMB, WAEC Forms To Over 550 Indigent Students In Ejigbo
- Buhari Declares Tinubu As Next President Of Nigeria
- Yoruba Obas Fume Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes, Fuel, Urge Buhari To Respond To Cries Of Nigerians
- Opposition Elements Want To Create Political Crisis With Fuel, New Naira Notes Scarcity, Says Tinubu
- Tinubu/Shettima 2023: Badmus Provides Free Medical Service To Osogbo Residents
Crime4 days ago
Pastor Shares Own Obituary On Whatsapp To Avoid Paying Member ₦3m Debt
Foreign News4 days ago
Just In: Missing Radioactive Capsule Found In Australia
News4 days ago
2023 Election: Elements In Presidential Villa Working Against Tinubu – El-Rufai
News4 days ago
Tinubu Speaks Of Return Of Economic Prosperity At Calabar, Awka Campaign Rallies