The Nigerian government has asked the court to revoke the bail granted leader of the Indigenous People Of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu.
According to a statement by the office of the Attorney General, Abubakar Malami, on Friday, the Nigerian government also asked the court to order the arrest and detention of Mr. Kanu, pending the determination of the charge against him.
The statement which was signed by special assistant to Mr. Malami, Salihu Isah, cited disobedience of court orders, among other issues as grounds for the appeal.
Mr. Kanu, who is facing trial for alleged treason, was granted bail in April by an Abuja Division of the Federal High Court on health grounds.
The other defendants facing trial with him were not granted bail, although all of them had sought to be freed.
A top security official had told newsmen on Thursday night that Mr. Kanu would be promptly arrested should his bail be revoked by a court.
- Osun: APC Chieftain, Asler Distributes Free JAMB, WAEC Forms To Over 550 Indigent Students In Ejigbo
- Buhari Declares Tinubu As Next President Of Nigeria
- Yoruba Obas Fume Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes, Fuel, Urge Buhari To Respond To Cries Of Nigerians
- Opposition Elements Want To Create Political Crisis With Fuel, New Naira Notes Scarcity, Says Tinubu
- Tinubu/Shettima 2023: Badmus Provides Free Medical Service To Osogbo Residents
Crime4 days ago
Pastor Shares Own Obituary On Whatsapp To Avoid Paying Member ₦3m Debt
Foreign News4 days ago
Just In: Missing Radioactive Capsule Found In Australia
News4 days ago
2023 Election: Elements In Presidential Villa Working Against Tinubu – El-Rufai
News4 days ago
Tinubu Speaks Of Return Of Economic Prosperity At Calabar, Awka Campaign Rallies