Super Eagles stars William Troost-Ekong and Mikel Agu met President Muhammadu Buhari and his Turkish counterpart Recep Erdogan on Thursday.
Buhari is in Turkey on an official visit.
Troost-Ekong plays his football in Turkey with Bursaspor while Agu, though signed to Portuguese giants Porto, is on loan at the Turkish side.
Both Troost-Ekong and Mikel Agu were in action as Nigeria qualified for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
Former Nigerian stars like Austin ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha, Uche Okechukwu and Daniel Amokachi played in Turkey.
Meanwhile, Buhari and Erdogan have agreed partnership in the area of defence and security
Speaking at a joint press conference Buhari said the defence ministers of both countries held extensive discussions on developing new strategies for counter-terrorism.
“We are very pleased with the progress of the meeting so far and we are going to wait for the details of meetings between the two countries.
“We will as a result of the meeting between the ministers and officials of both countries strengthen rapidly whatever their recommendations are”, he added.
- Modakeke Indigenes Distribute Rams, Food Items In Celebration Of Road Constructed By Oyetola
- Oyetola Kick-starts Reconstruction Of N200m Atakumosa Ultra Modern Market
- Osun Considers Rewarding Residents Who Expose FGM As NGO Seeks Collaborative Efforts To End Practice
- Over 10 Persons Confirmed Dead, Hundreds Wounded In Beirut Explosion
- Gov AbdulRazaq Constitutes Commission Of Inquiry On Kwara Assets
News5 days ago
NCS Stakeholder’s Seeks Controller General, Jafaru Ahmed, Retired
News5 days ago
Eid-El-Kabir: Osogbo LG Chairmanship Aspirant, Fasola Supports Party Leaders With Rams, Food Items
News2 days ago
Ondo Guber: Another APC Chieftain Quits Segun Abraham’s Group
News3 days ago
Ondo 2020: ‘Segun Abraham’s Group’ DG Resigns