Super Eagles stars William Troost-Ekong and Mikel Agu met President Muhammadu Buhari and his Turkish counterpart Recep Erdogan on Thursday.
Buhari is in Turkey on an official visit.
Troost-Ekong plays his football in Turkey with Bursaspor while Agu, though signed to Portuguese giants Porto, is on loan at the Turkish side.
Both Troost-Ekong and Mikel Agu were in action as Nigeria qualified for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
Former Nigerian stars like Austin ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha, Uche Okechukwu and Daniel Amokachi played in Turkey.
Meanwhile, Buhari and Erdogan have agreed partnership in the area of defence and security
Speaking at a joint press conference Buhari said the defence ministers of both countries held extensive discussions on developing new strategies for counter-terrorism.
“We are very pleased with the progress of the meeting so far and we are going to wait for the details of meetings between the two countries.
“We will as a result of the meeting between the ministers and officials of both countries strengthen rapidly whatever their recommendations are”, he added.
- COVID-19: Schools Not Ready For Resumption-Reps
- Yoruba Progressive Forum Greets Chief Bisi Akande At 82, Describes Him As A Detribalised Nigerian
- Hijab: MSSN Warns School Principals Against Causing Crisis In Osun
- Osun NUJ Immortalizes Late Prominent Member, Alonge, Sets Up Foundation In Her Honour
- Oluwo Celebrates 5th Coronation Anniversary, Says Iwo Has Witnessed Unprecedented Development