Super Eagles stars William Troost-Ekong and Mikel Agu met President Muhammadu Buhari and his Turkish counterpart Recep Erdogan on Thursday.
Buhari is in Turkey on an official visit.
Troost-Ekong plays his football in Turkey with Bursaspor while Agu, though signed to Portuguese giants Porto, is on loan at the Turkish side.
Both Troost-Ekong and Mikel Agu were in action as Nigeria qualified for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
Former Nigerian stars like Austin ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha, Uche Okechukwu and Daniel Amokachi played in Turkey.
Meanwhile, Buhari and Erdogan have agreed partnership in the area of defence and security
Speaking at a joint press conference Buhari said the defence ministers of both countries held extensive discussions on developing new strategies for counter-terrorism.
“We are very pleased with the progress of the meeting so far and we are going to wait for the details of meetings between the two countries.
“We will as a result of the meeting between the ministers and officials of both countries strengthen rapidly whatever their recommendations are”, he added.
- NACETEM DG, Prof Ukwuoma Harps On Importance Of Strategic Communication In An Organization
- Osun APC Crisis: Anybody Rubbishing Aregbesola In Osun APC Is Wicked, Selfish – Lasun Yusuf
- Your Allegations Over 2018 Guber Election Misleading, Oyetola’s Aide, Bello Replies Lasun Yussuf
- Riot Broke Out In Osogbo As Police Allegedly Kill Driver
- Opinion: “No Economy In Osun State, under Governor Oyetola” – Former Deputy Speaker Lasun Yusuf
News5 days ago
Olufon Stool: Why Odunolu Ruling House Cannot Produce The New King – Oluyeyin Ruling House
News5 days ago
Tragedy As FEDPOFFA Lecturer Slumps, Dies
Opinion5 days ago
Tribute To Mr Ayatu Momoh
News4 days ago
Akure North/South By-Election: Group Seeks Support For Adesida’s Reps Ambition