Nigeria forward Alex Iwobi set up one of the goals for Arsenal as record signing Alexandre Lacazette marked his unofficial debut for the Gunners with a goal in their 2-0 win against Sydney FC in their first pre-season friendly game at the ANZ Stadium in Sydney on Thursday.
Iwobi, who was on the bench from the start, was introduced in the 68th minute for Mesut Ozil as Lacazette also made his entry.
Arsenal went 1-0 up in the fourth minute through skipper Per Mertesacker with an acrobatic finish.
Arsenal had the chance to double their lead in the second half but Danny Welbeck’s penalty was saved after it had been wrongly awarded for handball when the ball indeed hit the Sydney FC defender’s back.
In the 84th minute, Lacazette who replaced Welbeck on 68 minutes, scored his first Arsenal goal, tapping home from Iwobi’s low cross from the right .
Also, new arrival, Sead Kolasinac, made his first unofficial appearance for Arsenal before he was withdrawn for Nacho Monreal.
Arsenal’s next pre-season game comes up on Saturday against Western Sydney Wanderers also in Australia.
- NACETEM DG, Prof Ukwuoma Harps On Importance Of Strategic Communication In An Organization
- Osun APC Crisis: Anybody Rubbishing Aregbesola In Osun APC Is Wicked, Selfish – Lasun Yusuf
- Your Allegations Over 2018 Guber Election Misleading, Oyetola’s Aide, Bello Replies Lasun Yussuf
- Riot Broke Out In Osogbo As Police Allegedly Kill Driver
- Opinion: “No Economy In Osun State, under Governor Oyetola” – Former Deputy Speaker Lasun Yusuf
News5 days ago
Olufon Stool: Why Odunolu Ruling House Cannot Produce The New King – Oluyeyin Ruling House
News5 days ago
Tragedy As FEDPOFFA Lecturer Slumps, Dies
Opinion5 days ago
Tribute To Mr Ayatu Momoh
News4 days ago
Akure North/South By-Election: Group Seeks Support For Adesida’s Reps Ambition