The Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rt Hon Lasun Yussuff has said he is not aware of any court injunction against the APC or OSSIEC on aborting plans to conduct local government elections in Osun on January 27, 2018.
A statement by the Deputy Speaker’s Special Adviser on Constituency Relations, Dr Aderemi Ajala on Monday evening said that the persons linked with the Federal High Court, Abuja injunction are members of the PDP and he will not join issues with them as he remains a loyal party man.
Hon Yussuff said in the statement that he had no grievances with the party or the state government’s plan for the elections.
The Deputy Speaker restated his commitment and loyalty to the APC as he said that if there are any grievances with the processes, there are internal mechanisms with the party to addressing such.
He however disassociated himself from the court judgment.
It will be recalled that a yet to be named Judge of the Federal High Court, Abuja on Monday reportedly stopped all processes leading to the conduct of the elections adjourning to the 23rd of January, 2018.
The Osun State Government has also disassociated itself from the ruling with the Attorney General, Dr Ajibola Basiru saying that neither he, OSSIEC nor the State Government was served court processes in the suit reportedly filed by Senator Ademola Adeleke of the PDP.
- Osun: APC Chieftain, Asler Distributes Free JAMB, WAEC Forms To Over 550 Indigent Students In Ejigbo
- Buhari Declares Tinubu As Next President Of Nigeria
- Yoruba Obas Fume Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes, Fuel, Urge Buhari To Respond To Cries Of Nigerians
- Opposition Elements Want To Create Political Crisis With Fuel, New Naira Notes Scarcity, Says Tinubu
- Tinubu/Shettima 2023: Badmus Provides Free Medical Service To Osogbo Residents
Crime4 days ago
Pastor Shares Own Obituary On Whatsapp To Avoid Paying Member ₦3m Debt
Foreign News4 days ago
Just In: Missing Radioactive Capsule Found In Australia
News4 days ago
2023 Election: Elements In Presidential Villa Working Against Tinubu – El-Rufai
News4 days ago
Tinubu Speaks Of Return Of Economic Prosperity At Calabar, Awka Campaign Rallies