The Super Eagles of Nigeria have been drawn for the fifth time against Argentina, 1998 bronze medal winners Croatia and debutants Iceland in Group D of the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
The draw was held at the Kremlin Palace here in Moscow, Russia on Friday.
According to the draw which was conducted by legends like Diego Maradona, Cafu, Carles Puyol, Gordon Banks and Diego Forlan, the Super Eagles will open their account against Croatia, while Argentina will do battle with Iceland.
Africa’s other representatives Egypt are in Group A with hosts Russia, Saudi Arabia and Uruguay.
Senegal are in Group H with Poland, Colombia and Japan, while Morocco are in Group B with Spain, Portugal and Iran, while Tunisia are in Group G with Belgium, England and debutantes Panama.
The opening game of the 2018 World Cup is between hosts Russia and Saudi Arabia.
The 2018 FIFA World Cup will run from 14 June to 15 July in 11 host cities.
2018 World Cup Groups:
- Trump Recognises Opposition Leader, Guaido as Venezuelan President
- Finally, Police Nab Man Who Allegedly Killed Rice Dealer In Osun
- Ooni To Host First Yoruba Speaking International Olorisa Leaders’ Conference
- 4 Persons Remanded In Prison Over Alleged Theft Of Carton Of Biscuits
- 2019: LG Chairman, Adeboye Leads APC Door To Door Campaign To Villages
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
News4 days ago
Osun APC Chairman Acknowledges Oranmiyan Group’s Support In Winning Elections
News2 days ago
Osun APC Blasts Obasanjo Over Comment On 2018 Guber Election
Crime2 days ago
In Osun: Court Remands 27-year-old Driver For Allegedly Raping Minor Inside School Bus
News4 days ago
2019: Famurewa Vows To Run All-Inclusive , Transparent Representation, If Voted