Explosions and gunfire have rocked Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, this evening as Nigerian Armed Forces engaged Boko Haram terrorists in a fierce battle.
The militants have been attacking Dailori and Walonri villages, on outskirts of Maiduguri, since 7:23pm and continuing at the time of publication.
Some University of Maiduguri students residing at 202 Housing Estate are now running for their lives as the conflict rages.
Hauwa Ba’na, a 300 level of Political Science student, said ”we are crying in our hostel because the explosions are loud and everyone is panicking.”
A Civilian Joint Task Force confirmed the attack to newsmen he said ”we are under attack by Boko Haram. There is heavy fighting with military in Dalori and Wanori.”
The military continues to fight back Boko Haram at the filing of this report.
- Transborder Drug Trafficker Arrested With ‘N1bn Worth Of Cocaine’ In Sokoto
- Abductions: Buhari Should Tell Nigerians If Criminals Have Taken Over – CAN
- Non-Career Ambassador: Osun Monarch, Olowu Eulogizes Buratai For His Patriotism
- 2020/21 Admissions: JAMB, Institutions Set June 15 Deadline
- Like Zamfara, Yobe Shuts All Boarding School
News5 days ago
Residents Cry For Help As Suspected Hoodlums Take Over Osogbo Streets, Shoot At Night
News3 days ago
Murder Convict, Rev King Gets 17 Pages Of ThisDay Birthday Advert While On Death Row
Politics4 days ago
Omisore’s Defection To APC Welcome Development – Osun APC Igbimo Agba
News3 days ago
BREAKING: Bandits Kill 35 In Fresh Attack On Zamfara Community