The Kaduna State Police Command on Saturday said it had arrested 14 suspects who allegedly attempted to disrupt Friday prayer at the Sultan Bello Mosque, Kaduna.
The Command’s Public Relations Officer, Aliyu Usman, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kaduna that the suspects were arrested with machetes and knives.
Mr. Usman, however, said the Friday prayer was observed peacefully.
“Attempts to cause breach of the peace by some miscreants was professionally handled and thwarted by a team of policemen dispatched to the mosque.
“The policemen deployed were to provide protection to the worshipers and they thwarted an attempt to cause chaos,” Mr. Usman said.
He said the suspects would be charged to court as soon as investigation was completed.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Osun Assembly Charges OSSIEC On Credible Elections
- Osun: DG Boss Calls For Strict Adherence To Traffic Rules Among Okada Riders
- OSPOLY Fixes Dates For 2021/2022 Post UTME Screening Exercise
- EFCC Displays 51,933 Pages, Showing Content Of Naira Marley’s iPhone
- REPORTER’S DIARY: Arrested, Charged Within An Hour Without Outside Contact.… Clear Example Of How Journalists Disappear In Nigeria
News3 days ago
If Buhari Declares Bandits As Terrorists, Nothing Will Remain In Nigeria — Islamic Cleric, Gumi
News3 days ago
Central Bank Of Nigeria Launches Digital Currency, Puts eNaira Wallet Apps On Google, Apple Stores
News5 days ago
Just In: Gunmen Attack Abolongo Correctional Facility In Oyo, Set Prisoners Free
News2 days ago
Osun Pensioners Lament Unpaid Entitlements, Say We’re Now Beggars