The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr Godwin Obaseki as the winner of the Wednesday, September 28, 2016 governorship election.
APC polled 319, 483 votes while PDP scored 253, 173.
Obaseki defeated the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu with a margin of 66, 310 votes.
Agent of the PDP at the collation centre refused to sign the election result form on the ground that there were irregularities in the results.
The Returning Officer, Professor Kayode Soremekun, declared Obaseki the winner of the election after polling the highest votes.
- Osun Remains One Of Cleanest States In Nigeria-Govt
- Travel Ban: British ban Nigeria is discrimination, we will retaliate – Lai Mohammed
- N-Power Batch C-Steam 1 – Authority To Commence Unscheduled Visit To Osun
- 2023: ‘I won’t Disappoint You By Not Running’ — Gov Bello Assures Kebbi, Sokoto Stakeholders
- FG Hails Osun Govt On Giant Strides Towards Developing Mineral Potentials
News3 days ago
Riot Broke Out In Osogbo As Police Allegedly Kill Driver
News2 days ago
Federal College Staff In Trouble For Allegedly Raping Student
News4 days ago
Akin Ogunbiyi Bags OAU Distinguished Alumnus Award
News5 days ago
Hijab: Stealth Deislamisation Of Nursing Students Resurfaces In OAU Teaching Hospital