Angry students of Isale-Oyo Community High School, Oyo Town, in Oyo State have reportedly set ablaze some classrooms over mass failure in their examinations.
The students stormed the schools on Thursday morning, set the classrooms on fire and fled the premises.
The school compound was deserted as teachers and other pupils reportedly fled for fear of being harmed
It was also learnt that there had been lingering crises since Monday in some secondary schools in the state following mass failure in the last promotion examinations.
The Oyo State Government had set a new promotion policy which states that only students with 50 per cent in Mathematics and English language would transit to the next class.
Students of Anglican Secondary School in Oyo reportedly unleashed mayhem on their teachers and destroyed billboards bearing Governor Abiola Ajimobi’s photographs.
The Thursday incident is marking the worst phase of secondary school students’ unrest that began days ago over mass failure in exams.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Osun Assembly Charges OSSIEC On Credible Elections
- Osun: DG Boss Calls For Strict Adherence To Traffic Rules Among Okada Riders
- OSPOLY Fixes Dates For 2021/2022 Post UTME Screening Exercise
- EFCC Displays 51,933 Pages, Showing Content Of Naira Marley’s iPhone
- REPORTER’S DIARY: Arrested, Charged Within An Hour Without Outside Contact.… Clear Example Of How Journalists Disappear In Nigeria
News3 days ago
If Buhari Declares Bandits As Terrorists, Nothing Will Remain In Nigeria — Islamic Cleric, Gumi
News3 days ago
Central Bank Of Nigeria Launches Digital Currency, Puts eNaira Wallet Apps On Google, Apple Stores
News2 days ago
Osun Pensioners Lament Unpaid Entitlements, Say We’re Now Beggars
News5 days ago
Just In: Gunmen Attack Abolongo Correctional Facility In Oyo, Set Prisoners Free