No fewer than 2,200 cases of tuberculosis disease were recorded last year in Osun State.
The Permanent Secretary in the state Ministry of Health, Dr. Akinyinka Esho, made this revelation while speaking at a press conference to mark this year’s World Tuberculosis Day in Osogbo, the state capital.
Esho, who said it was important for people to know that the disease was curable, also disclosed that its treatment is free.
He further disclosed that the state government had mapped out a strategy to enlighten the populace about the symptoms and places to visit to cure the disease, adding that efforts on sensitisation programs would be intensifies on radio and television stations.
Saying that latest method of diagnosis of the disease through a Genexpert machine has been made easy, he revealed that free treatment is available in State Hospitals at Osogbo, Ilesa, Iwo, Ikirun, Ife and Ejigbo.
Also, as part of activities to sensitise residents of the state about the disease, a road show was organised at the weekend by the state Ministry of Health in collaboration with some civil society groups and Non Governmental organisations.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Osun Assembly Charges OSSIEC On Credible Elections
- Osun: DG Boss Calls For Strict Adherence To Traffic Rules Among Okada Riders
- OSPOLY Fixes Dates For 2021/2022 Post UTME Screening Exercise
- EFCC Displays 51,933 Pages, Showing Content Of Naira Marley’s iPhone
- REPORTER’S DIARY: Arrested, Charged Within An Hour Without Outside Contact.… Clear Example Of How Journalists Disappear In Nigeria
News3 days ago
If Buhari Declares Bandits As Terrorists, Nothing Will Remain In Nigeria — Islamic Cleric, Gumi
News3 days ago
Central Bank Of Nigeria Launches Digital Currency, Puts eNaira Wallet Apps On Google, Apple Stores
News5 days ago
Just In: Gunmen Attack Abolongo Correctional Facility In Oyo, Set Prisoners Free
News2 days ago
Osun Pensioners Lament Unpaid Entitlements, Say We’re Now Beggars