The screening of Ambassadorial nominees began today on a dramatic note as two of the nominee envoys couldn’t recite the National anthem and pledge properly.
When the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs, Senator Monsurat Sunmonu, asked the nominee from Anambra State Vivian Nwunaku Okeke to recite the national anthem, she mixed it up.
Also, when she asked Ibrahim Isa, the nominee from Niger state to recite the National Pledge , he mixed it up too.
A member of the committee, Senator James Manager (PDP, Delta South) corrected the nominees.
The screening of the 47 career foreign service officers submitted for consideration as Ambassadors by President Muhammadu Buhari is still ongoing.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Osun Assembly Charges OSSIEC On Credible Elections
- Osun: DG Boss Calls For Strict Adherence To Traffic Rules Among Okada Riders
- OSPOLY Fixes Dates For 2021/2022 Post UTME Screening Exercise
- EFCC Displays 51,933 Pages, Showing Content Of Naira Marley’s iPhone
- REPORTER’S DIARY: Arrested, Charged Within An Hour Without Outside Contact.… Clear Example Of How Journalists Disappear In Nigeria
News3 days ago
If Buhari Declares Bandits As Terrorists, Nothing Will Remain In Nigeria — Islamic Cleric, Gumi
News3 days ago
Central Bank Of Nigeria Launches Digital Currency, Puts eNaira Wallet Apps On Google, Apple Stores
News5 days ago
Just In: Gunmen Attack Abolongo Correctional Facility In Oyo, Set Prisoners Free
News2 days ago
Osun Pensioners Lament Unpaid Entitlements, Say We’re Now Beggars