As the investigation into the $2.1 billion arms deal fraud continues, operatives of the EFCC this weekend, confiscated some properties believed to belong to former National Security Adviser (NSA) Sambo Dasuki as well as those owned by a former Theatre Commander of the Operation Lafia Dole in Maiduguri, Major Gen. Yishau Mahmood Abubakar. Both men have been indicted in the scandal.
According to The Nation, the properties owned by Dasuki that were confiscated include a hotel complex on Rabah Road, Malali GRA in the heart of Kaduna metropolis and a mansion under construction on Sani Sami Road, also in Malali GRA. Among the properties of Maj.-Gen. Abubakar that was confiscated include a residential duplex located at No. 5C, Sultan Close.
When EFCC operatives arrived at the house, a birthday party was going on there. Everybody was asked to vacate the premises immediately. The house was immediately locked and marked with red with the inscription”keep off”. Also confiscated was a shopping mall allegedly owned by Gen. Abubakar’s wife. Another shopping mall on Sultan Road, which is believed to belong to Gen. Abubakar’s friend who is an Ambassador was also confiscated.
- Bowen University VC Advocates Collaboration Among Nigerian Universities To Achieve Success In Research
- Blackmail no longer fashionable in politics – Adamawa Rep member
- Alex Saab Case – UN Report Makes Cape Verde’s Position Unsustainable And Indefensible
- #FreeAlexSaab: UN Special Rapporteur Berates Spate Of Human Rights Violation In Venezuela, Calls For Lift Of Blockade
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate To Become Compulsory For Travel – FG
News5 days ago
Drama As Herbalist Escorts Sowore To Court
News4 days ago
Chief Imam Offa, MKO Abiola’s Daughter, Oranmiyan DG, Associate Editor Of The Nation, Others Storm Ilorin For Olateju Birthday Celebration
News3 days ago
#EndSARS Protesters Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace – Akiolu
Crime3 days ago
Fake NSCDC Officer Bags 7 Years Imprisonment